Thursday, 15 November 2012

Me, Me, Me

So I have decided to get back into blogging. It seems in this day and age you need to have more than a CV. With the marketplace becoming more and more competative you need an edge.

This edge can come in multiple ways but generally it should come in capital "real" knowledge in a chosen subject area. This subject area needs to be something you "love", something you are willing to burn the midnight oil for.

For me Technology, Agile and Systems theory is something I love. Especially the application of system theory in software development. Being able to turn an organisation around by applying empirical disciplines and lean thinking is an enlightening journey. Getting senior "buy in" to take that journey to engaged software delivery is something everyone should experience. Once you have worked with good, engaged stakeholders you very rarely will want to go back to formal methods.

Now that I have decided to get back on the blogger band-wagon I will do my upmost to stay on track. This is my commitment to you and in return all I ask for is for you to point out my mistakes, correct my spellings and have fun. At the moment I am working on an Enterprise grade .NET and SharePoint application. We are using OData REST, ASP.NET MVC 4, Knockout.js, Sammy.js, K2 SmartForms and Workflow. This is all hooking into a SharePoint portal. We hope to go live on SharePoint 2013 but those decisions are still to be made.

Thanks for joining me on the start of my blogging journey. Hopefully I will be able to write about things people find of interest and improve my writing style in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment